Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Write On Wednesday - Fresh Start

This week's prompt for Write on Wednesday asks the question:

What fresh new ideas do you have for your writing?



My muse has been abuzz with so many new ideas over the past few weeks. I think having a break for the holidays has really helped.

My first goal is to try and get the novel I wrote for this year's NaNoWriMo project into some kind of organized form. I have a writing mentor who keeps telling me time and time again: "Get it down on the paper!" After that, you can polish, edit and fluff until your hearts content. This is what I did - I have the basic story written in 55,000 words. Now I need to polish it so it will shine!

I also have two young adult books I want to complete and hopefully seek publication this year. It has always been a dream of mine to write a Young Adult series, so I have been persuing this dream.

Then last night, I had a story idea grab a hold of me during supper - literally pulled me away from the table. I picked up my notebook and started writing furiously. After an hour of solid writing, I picked up the laptop and started transcribing from my notes. Before I went to bed, I had 8 solid pages - almost 2,500 words!!

I've also discovered another writing prompt blog I've become addicted to - The One-Minute Writer. You get a daily prompt and then you write for 60 seconds. I try really hard to stay in the 60 second time frame, but sometimes I go over. Sometimes that 60 seconds of writing will lead to a continuation over several pages.

Of course, I still love the following writing prompt blogs: Sunday Scribblings, Musing Mondays, Totally Optional Prompts, Write on Wednesday (of course), Fictional Friday and Cafe Writing.

Friday night is the monthly meeting of my local writer's group: The Community of Mercer County Writers, or The Ink Blots as we sometimes call ourselves. I have finished both of the assignments for our meeting - hopefully I will be posting them here very soon. I also will be picking up with a local writing workshop I started attending in November: Speaking Out Mercer. I have finished the assignment for this class, but I'm afraid I won't be able to read it without crying; so I've started another piece, just to be on the safe side.

So far, 2009 has started out with a bang - at least in terms of my writing. Here's to many, many more pages for the next 12 months!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you forgot to mention that you not just write all these nice stuff,,,, but also read as much ... :)

Becca said...

WOW, you have lot of good material in the pike! Congratulations on all the writing plans!

And thanks for the links to some new writing sites :)

Write on, Bobbi!

Anonymous said...

Wow Bobbi,
I love your writing passion and your use of online blog site writing prompts. I just bookmarked the one-minute prompts. Looks great.
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

That was some great post about writing plans and goals.

sSetting about a routine

Anonymous said...

I can just feel your enthusiasm bubbling over! And I was happy to be pointed toward a couple of sites I didn't know about.

Here's to a year filled with creativity and satisfaction!