Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cafe Writing - My Writing Space

January Cafe Writing Option Six: Seven Things

In a mood of faith and hope my work goes on. A ream of fresh paper lies on my desk waiting for the next book. I am a writer and I take up my pen to write..
~Pearl S. Buck
In improvisation, one of our exercises is a game called “Seven Things,” in which we go around in a circle giving each other the challenge, “Give me seven things that [whatever].” We are not going to go around in a circle here, but if you’re drawn to lists, this prompt is for you. Give me seven things that inhabit or occupy your writing space. Interpret “writing space” any way you please. You’re not required to explain the items in your list, but it’s more fun for readers if you do.

MY WRITING SPACE

Although my hubby and daughter each have their own writing desks, my writing space is my reclining chair in the living room. I can have my legs up with my laptop propped up on a pillow in my lap. Because I'm in the living room, I have access to inspirational posters on my walls. The chair next to mine is stacked high with all the items I need when I'm writing.

1.) My laptop

2.) Wizard of Oz, Labryinth, and Wizards posters on the wall

3.) My jade rock

4.) Mr. Ted. E. Bear

5.) Piles of books to be read

6.) Piles of stories to be edited

7.) A folder with all my stories, articles and column that have already been published

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute teddy :)