Saturday, January 10, 2009

One-Minute Writer - Assistant

Today's One-Minute Writing Prompt: Assistant

If you could hire someone full-time to make your life easier, what would their duties be?

All my family knows the following is true:

1.) I love a clean, organized home - but I hate to clean.

2.) I love to cook - but I hate cleaning the mess or washing dishes.

3.) I love to garden - but I can't physically do the heavy lifting and digging.

So, if I could afford to have an assistant, I would need someone to clean my home, wash my dishes, and help me in the gardens. I have always been a paper oriented person, so I like to spend my day writing (I have a weekly book review column and a monthly essay column), reading (naturally, I do book reviews) and doing research for stories and/or books I'm working on - not to mention the several blogs I maintain.

Of course, I'm a starving artist, so an assistant is totally out of my price range at the moment - but one day ... one day ...

No comments: