Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One-Minute Writer - Danger

Today's One-Minute Writing Prompt: Danger

What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?



"Danger Will Robinson, danger!"







Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I think the most dangerous thing I have ever done walk across the top of a dam. During my childhood, I grew up in a subdivision near the Salt River. There is a dam over the river with an approximate 12-15 foot drop. The dam is actually shaped like a staircase.

When I was 12, I walked across the dam for the first time on a dare. Most of the older kids were already doing this, but I had been too afraid. But I sucked up my courage and raced across. After that, I walked across it many times. There were almost many times when I shouldn't have walked across it - like right after a rain storm when the water was really flowing over the dam!

Luckily, I was never hurt - and neither were any of my friends. Just dumb luck, I guess!

3 comments:

paisley said...

sometimes dumb luck makes for the best memories......

JR's Thumbprints said...

I've played it safe all my life, that is, until I started working for the Michigan Department of Corrections.

Jams said...

Oh my. We're crazy when we're kids, aren't we?