Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One-Minute Writer - Teach

Today's One-Minute Writing Prompt: Teach

What information or skill would you like to teach to others?

I would like to teach people how to write their life story. Although I am by no means a teacher - maybe not even that good of a writer - I feel I have something to offer.

I have been writing personal memories and essays for over 25 years - the past 13 years I have had a monthly column in my local magazine, Mercer's Magazine. I think everyone has a story to tell, it's just getting it from inside and putting it down on paper.

In my opinion, no story or memory is too small and everyone needs a voice - if not for your current family, then definitely for your future family. I truly wish my grandparents had written down some of their memories - what a special gift that would have been!

No comments: