Monday, January 12, 2009

One-Minute Writer - History

Today's One-Minute Writing Prompt: History

If you could live for a year at a different time in history, what time would you choose?


I really don't have a yearning desire to live in another time, but I am curious about the beginning of human civilization. Although I was raised a Christian with the Bible at the heart of our learning, I am not naive enough to believe the Bible word-for-word. After all, it was written by man and men have been proven liars over and over again in our history.

I want to know what Jesus did, directly from his mouth and actions, not from books and letters which were written hundreds of years after his death. What was it really like for him growing up? I know the stories are all based on facts somewhere down the line - even fairy tales and legends are based on partial truths - but what is the real story?

No comments: