Monday, January 5, 2009

One-Minute Writer - Waiting

Today's One-Minute Writing Prompt: Waiting

What are you waiting for?

We seem to spend our whole lives waiting for something! This year I am waiting on my two oldest daughters to get married - one in June, one in October. On second thought, this means I'll have two different days I have to put up with my ex-husband - bummer!!

This year I'm going to try and not say "I'm waiting on this", or "I'm waiting on that." I want to try to live in the moment.

Of course, living in a rural community, I always have to wait on a train to clear the tracks ...

4 comments:

Ann H Gabhart said...

Happy New Year, Bobbi! What a nice surprise to open the Lexington Herald-Leader and see your blog on the second page. I hope you get lots of great feedback and many more readers to your blogs. I liked the one on the library, but for some reason the computer wouldn't let me comment on that blog, so I'm commenting on the Waiting one. I have lots of moments when I'm waiting. I tell myself that's a great time to say a few one minute prayers or "flash" prayers for this or that loved one or even a stranger I see passing by. But sometimes I just go 'veg' and snooze. And I do love libraries. The library here has always been a great help when I'm doing research.

Ann H Gabhart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crafty Green Poet said...

I agree - great idea to live in the moment and spend less time waiting, but sometimes yes we need to wait for trains, or buses...

Jams said...

Funny girl. Train to clear the tracks.

I can't believe you're going to have two weddings so close.

Good luck on the Ex factor.