Tuesday, January 27, 2009

F&%#&%G ICE STORM !!!

The ice storm of 2009 hadn't effected me until tonight. Now half of the HUGE tree in my front yard is laying across my car!!!!

I was on the computer and my daughter was watching TV, when we heard what sounded like an explosion in the front yard. Racing to the door I didn't know what to expect. When I opened the door, all I could see was tree limbs across my driveway - right where my car is parked!

It looks like the tree trunk split in half, so only half a tree is on my car - but that's waaaaaay too much tree to be on my poor little car. It's too dark to see what kind of damage has been done, so I'll have to wait until daylight. Hopefully, if I'm not too upset, I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

We have been in our home for almost 16 years - we planted this tree the day we took possession of the house. My daughter tells everyone it is her tree because she was a baby when we planted it. I have birthday pictures of Christine and this tree from every year.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go have a good cry ...

7 comments:

Jams said...

So sorry. These kind of things are always sudden and shocking. I hope there isn't too much damage. Let us know. Good luck.

"Sunshine" said...

Sorry to hear about the casualties of the car and the special tree. Ice sucks. If only it were warm year-round...

Natalie said...

That sucks! I hope there is not too much damage!

~willow~ said...

oh my! I am so sorry to hear about your car!! I don't envy the hassles you're going to have to go through with insurance as well as getting a replacement... and the sentimental value of the tree..!! :(

paisley said...

whoa!!! what are the chances on that??? can't wait to see pix... i cannot even imagine the shock you must be in right now... that would definitely freak me out... thank god it was the car and no tthe house tho....

"Sunshine" said...

Hopefully this will cheer you up a little, Bobbi--I have an award for you at Writing is Like....

Jeanie said...

Oh, Bobbi, I'm so sorry. I had that experience in a wind storm last summer, but gratefully, it just fell into the yard and it wasn't a "special" tree. Your heart must be breaking. You most definitely deserve a good cry. I hope the damage isn't too significant... Warm hugs going to you.