Wednesday, January 7, 2009

One-Minute Writer - Senses

Today's One-Minute Writing Prompt: Senses

If you had to lose one of your five senses, which would you choose?

I really don't want to lose any of my senses, but if I had to lose one it would be speech. I am a writer, so it is easy for me to get my point across with words - I do it every day.

There are too many natural, wonderful things to smell - flowers, plants, food, even family and friends have their own scents.

There are too many textural substances to touch - a baby's soft skin, feathers on a duck, the coarseness of rocks, your loved one's face.

There are too many yummy things to taste - the perfect pizza, a tangy lime, velvety chocolate, even the hot sauce my daughter loves so much.

There are to many frequencies of things to hear - my favorite rock 'n roll music, the sound of my honey's voice, the buzz of the bees, the rush of water over a falls.

Yes, I would be afraid to lose all of these, but verbal speech is the sense I could do without. But thanks to God, I have been blessed with all 5 senses and I'll be forever grateful!


.

No comments: