Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pen and Paper

Weekend Wordsmith #82 - Pens

Although I know I should be using fountain pens because they are more environmentally friendly, I don't like the way most of these leave ink blots on my paper. I do own several very nice fountain pens and I do pull them out on occasion for handwritten letters or invitations.

Like most people, I still do all my rough drafts with pen and paper. Specifically, a 9 X 7 spiral notebook and a Pilot EasyTouch pen.The notebooks come in handy for jotting down conversations, quotes, descriptions or any other info I may have use for in the future. Many, many times I refer back to these notebooks to help expand, or "fluff" up a story or essay I'm working on.

It is only after I'm fairy satisfied with a piece of work that I'll approach the laptop to start on a final draft. Many times these stories remain locked inside of computer files. But many times they will end up in a blog post.




This is the first time I have participated in the Weekend Wordsmith. I was thrilled to find another writing prompt blog. It is these writing prompts that help keep my writing fresh and relevant.

3 comments:

"Sunshine" said...

Bobbi--I'd never heard of Weekend Wordsmith before, but it looks pretty cool!

I love your photos. They're so simple, yet brimming with creativity.

It's funny, I tend to do rough drafts on paper if I have it, or on computer if one is nearby. It doesn't seem to make much difference to me one way or the other. When I was a kid, I never did rough drafts--I just typed everything out on the typewriter very slowly (to avoid typos), and did the "planning" in my head. Back then, I wrote fiction (it's nearly impossible for me to do fiction anymore), and I just kind of let the story tell itself--I didn't plan out the ending, just little pieces of plot at each sitting. Sorry for such a long comment, but that story is what your post reminded me of!

Jams said...

I use notebooks all the time. Don't know what I would do without them. I'm constantly jotting down something or other.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Yes we have very similar thoughts here, i wish i could get the hang of fountain pens i really do...