Monday, February 9, 2009

What's On the Old Mind This Week

Mama Kat's Losin' It - the prompt I choose this week is:

Write a list of ten things on your mind this week.

1.) Ice storm recovery and cleanup. I have so many trees and shrubs to saw up and move, it will take me forever!

2.) Trying to get caught up at work this week - I missed 7 days due to the ice storm. Seven days is a lot to make up for.

3.) Finishing up the invitation list for my oldest daughter's wedding in June. I'm dreading having to put up with my ex-husband and his family on this special occassion, but it is something I cannot avoid!

4.) Completing my writing assignments for my writing workshop and my writing group this week (the first meets on Thursday, the latter on Friday). I love writing, but the prompts for this month's assignments are giving me trouble - hence the reason I'm working on this prompt today.

5.) I'm thinking of making a proposal to my editor at Mercer' Magazine about another monthly column. There is already an author doing a "Fabulous Fifties" column - I'd like to do one on the "Super Seventies." I have several draft columns already completed.

6.) Wishing, hoping and praying that my youngest daughter makes it past the next section of the interview process for the Governor's School for the Arts program. If she gets in, she will be gone for 3 weeks this summer. She is so excited - I just hope this turns out in her favor.

7.) I've been trying to figure out the reason I haven't been in a reading mood for the past few weeks. You would think during the ice storm I would have caught up on some reading, but no. I spent all my time during the ice storm knitting. I completed one shawl and started on another, but this is not getting my book reviews done. I just feel so behind.

8.) Worrying about my niece - she's 20 years old going on 40. Since the death of her mother (my sister) 4 years ago, my niece has been out of control. She has now moved out of my parent's house. I'm afraid she's going to end up sending my parents to an early grave, but what are we supposed to do? She's a legal adult.

9.) Wondering when Kendall Hart Slater will be back up to her old tricks (Okay - I admit it, I'm an All My Children junkie). Being in a coma for 3 months is not going to stop her - she is a Kane woman after all.

10.) Yippee - Medium is back on Monday nights after a long hiatus! I've missed seeing dead people.

1 comment:

Lynn Irwin Stewart said...

Last year, about this time, my eldest and I were deep into wedding planning -- the wedding was on June 14. I have to say everything went smoothly -- but I didn't have any exes to deal with, either! I'm sure the wedding will be a wonderful and special day!