Monday, February 2, 2009

One-Minute Writer - Stuff

Today's One-Minute Writing Prompt: Stuff

Most of us have some place where we keep general stuff--a "junk drawer," toolbox, etc. Check out your stash of stuff, and tell a story about one of the items there.


Hello junk drawer - long time no see! And what's this here? Oh, my pretty green rock - I wondered what had happened to you. I found you on the beach in 2000 when my family vacationed in Virginia Beach. I was walking in the surf one day and there you were - all wet and glistening in the sun.

Of course, I could never resist a rock - especially a green one, since green is my favorite color. So, you went into my pocket and ended up traveling with us to Washington, D.C. What a wonderful vacation that was!!

Now look at you, all forgotten and forlorn, stuffed away in this impossible junk drawer. Let me polish you up and make you shine - then I'll find a place of honor on my knick-knack shelf.

Oh, wait a minute - where did the knick-knack shelf go?

No comments: