Saturday, February 14, 2009

One-Minute Writer - Probability

Today's One-Minute Writing Prompt: Probability

Write about something highly unlikely that has happened in your life.


When I was married at the tender age of 17, I never dreamed I would eventually go to college and earn my degree as a Registered Nurse.

My first marriage ended after 6 years and I had two young daughters - ages 2 and 3. Having only a high school degree and no job, I convinced myself I could manage going to college, finding a job and raising my two children.

It took me 3 years, but after long hours of working full time and struggling to keep up with my college class load and clincials - I earned my degree and began work as a RN. I then married the man who helped me through this difficult time.

We have been happily married for almost 20 years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! And your true spirit. I hope your Valentine's Day is extra special!

Anonymous said...

Congrats !! and kudos for the courage :)