Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Scribblings

Sunday Scribblings #149 - Art

The prompt for this week is: Art. For such a little word, it holds a lot of energy and even some controversy! What do you make of art?



To me, art is a magical and creative outlet to let my personality shine through. Although I don't consider myself artistic, I do appreciate art.

Art can be a painting, a drawing or a doodle. I know boo-coos about doodles because I'm an expert doodler - I doodle during meetings, I doodle when I'm on the phone, I doodle when I'm talking to friends. Most people don't consider doodling an art form, but I think art is in the eye of the beholder.

Art can also be an emotion-inspiring quote or story or letter. Words are extremely powerful and artistic in composition. I love to write and I try to create pictures, feelings or emotions every time I put pen to paper. Again, this may not be art to some people, but it feels like art to me.

Art is also present in crafts, knittings or articles sewn. It can be quilts or clothing or furniture coverings. Needlework has long held a place of honor in the artistic communities.

Of course, my favorite form of art is often created by Mother Nature - a perfectly blooming rose, a fragrant sprig of lavender, the rough peeling bark of a tree. Last week, the devastating ice storm that left Kentucky a disaster zone, also brought beautiful ice coated landscapes and scenery.

9 comments:

GreenishLady said...

If that's one of your doodles - I am seriously impressed, and that is art for sure!

Great post!

Anonymous said...

beautiufl painting. love those eyes and all-connected details

Anonymous said...

very impressive!!!
:)
Happy SS

http://eternitycallsus.blogspot.com/2009/02/art-imitates-life.html

Tumblewords: said...

An art-full doodle, for sure. Well done. I'd like to see more...

floreta said...

oho i like the thought of art in nature.. fractals. symmetry.. pi.. beauty.

Anonymous said...

I really like your picture, and I agree with just about everything you wrote! Excellent.

Anonymous said...

I always tell people that my knitting is art, but they can't see it. Perhaps when I get better at it they will!!

Lilibeth said...

It overwhelmes me sometimes when I see the beauty in nature and realize that even the poorest have access to beauty...although some of them..in crowded cities might have to look up to the sky to see it.

paisley said...

words are the only art form i have ever partaken in,, but i would love the opportunity to explore other areas... just not sure where to start!!!!!