Monday, February 23, 2009

Mercer County Public Library

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about the library…

How often do you visit the library? Do you have a scheduled library day/time, or do you go whenever? Do you go alone, or take people with you?


I love visiting the Mercer County Public Library - it's one of my favorite places in the world. I typically go once or twice a week. Monday's is usually my "regular" day. I go at lunch time, right after work, and I'm always armed with a list of books I'm looking for.

I also return to the library on Wednesday afternoons because it is an early-out school day for my daughter. We make an afternoon of it by going to the library and then visiting the grandmothers.

Because I'm a book reviewer for the library, I'm always placing books on request. There are many times during the week I'll make extra stops to pick up books the librarians call me about. The librarians are also great about getting interlibrary loan books quickly.


.

5 comments:

Vasilly said...

Your library sounds great. I used to go many times a week to the library, but now I go once a week.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I have a notebook full of books I want to read. I never go to the library without it, even if I am just "popping" in to pick up something on hold because I can never resist wandering through the stacks to see what else I can find.

jlshall said...

I've just re-discovered library-going after many years of reading only my own books. I had forgotten how much fun it can be. Having a regular day to visit sounds like a great idea - something to look forward to!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I love to reserve online and then make the trip when I get the phone call to say my reserves are in. I wonder if library use is going up in light of current economic climate.

caite said...

Hi...hope you don't mind terribly, but I tagged you for this meme. Don't think that you were tagged before but if you were...well, just do it again,ok...or ignore it...lol