Monday, February 23, 2009

Favorite Quote


Photo by Louise Bostock - A View from Carmine Superiore

Suggested prompt...Pull that book from the window sill, open it; there is that quote that always moves you - share it here and then use it in a creative way
.






"For life be, after all, only a waitin' for somethin' else than what we're doin', and death be all that we can rightly depend on."

Dracula by Bram Stoker





When I was younger, I would catch myself wishing my time away. "I can't wait until it is Christmas time." "I can't wait until my birthday." "I can't wait until I'm grown up."

As I've gotten older, I have learned to take days one at a time. It is more important to enjoy what is right in front of me instead of waiting for a future event.

As my granny used to say, "Nothing is sure but death and taxes." This is very similar to my favorite quote by Bram Stoker.

.

1 comment:

Jams said...

Oh, boy. I really get this. I've very often been one who could be found "wishing my time away."

I try very hard to appreciate the moment. I can only do it in the moment though. Then I find myself pulled back to daydreaming about the future without even realizing.