Monday, August 11, 2008

The Pity-Me Party Is Over


Okay, I finally redeemed myself on Sunday. After spending part of the weekend throwing a "pity me party", my muse rallied and I was able to get 6 more pages on the book I'm writing. Yeah for me!

The main problem with my writing is the fact I have so much going on at one time. I'm not content to just be working on one project - I get bored working on the same thing all the time. So I usually have several things going at once:

--my column for the paper
--my blog enteries
--updating my journals and the journals of my 3 girls
--2 short stories I'm working on
--3 books I'm trying to finish

I realize, if I would just put my nose to the grind, I could finish some of these projects faster - but what's the fun in that?

I write for me - not to get published or draw attention to myself. So, if I want to work on several projects at once, that's what I'm going to do. I'll eventually get everything finished.

Another new project that is swimming around in my crowded head - wedding books for my oldest 2 daughters. Both my oldest daughters have weddings planned for next year - one in June and the other in September. I really want to put together a photo album/journal to give them as a wedding present. I'm jotting down notes and collecting photos, but I haven't done much beyond that. Hopefully this winter I can get started on this in earnest.

Till next time ...

1 comment:

Jams said...

I can't believe you have two weddings in the space of a few months. I would be pulling my hair out.

You're right about writing for yourself. That's the way it has to be. How wonderful that you have a column.