Saturday, August 16, 2008











PAST - REGROWN

I sometimes feel down and lonely, too,
Why do I feel so crappy?
When I was young I used to run,
Myself into the ground,
But I look around and now I see,
A healthier person staring back at me.

So when did things change?
I can't seem to remember.
One day I could care less,
The next I'm a sinner.

Recycle, reduce and now reuse,
That's the drumming motto beat.
Gather your paper, your plastic, your waste all around,
There's now a new guru, the sheriff's in town.

So come one and come all,
To the best show in town.
Thirty lashes a pittance,
Paid to sullen your views.
I once cared for my cause,
But the now the vision is lost.


© Bobbi Rightmyer

4 comments:

paisley said...

i really enjoyed this,, it can metaphorically be linked to so many t aspects of life... very nicely done...

Anonymous said...

castles made of sand fall into the sea eventually.. seeing that photo made me think of jimi hendrix... i believe it has something to do with living and wisdom.. possibly in health you'll find your dreams..

Stan Ski said...

Every process has its course to run - we may not always apprieciate it.

Tumblewords: said...

Very nice, very nice!