Sunday, August 17, 2008

Carolyn Marie

The Frog Princess

There once was a little jumping frog,
We trained to come and go.
She 'joyed being in my company,
And often told me so.
She lived behind the potted fern,
In a sea of green;
And bugs and insects she would eat,
Saving them from me.

She was busy all day long,
a hoppin' and a jumpin'.
She helped me keep my gardens clean,
The pests she kept a gulpin'.

But when the sun would rise too high,
She would always hop for home;
And snuggle deep down in her bed,
Until the evenin' again would come.

And when the evening stars came out,
She'd be up to roam about;
A hoppin' here and jumpin' there,
She'd croak a little song.
A beautiful God creation,
In a garden full of life;
Of fruits and veggies and buggies delight,
A world not filled with strife.


© Bobbi Rightmyer

1 comment:

paisley said...

this was a flight of fancy.. very pleasing to the ear and a joy to read....