Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One-Minute Warning - Signal

Today's One-Minute Writing Prompt: Signal

Think of the biggest goal or dream you have. Is life giving you a red, yellow, or green light?


The biggest dream AND goal I have right now is to get a book published. This year, life is giving me a green light. I am working on several books: 2 young adult novels, one adult novel and a memoir.

For the past few years, as I've wallowed in the pits of grief, I've been telling myself there is no audience for the stuff I write. With the help of my writing group, I am coming out of hiding and reentering the land of the living. With their encouragement - and the encouragement of my family - I feel my goal is finally within reach.

Since the beginning of this year, I have knuckled down and am making progress on everything I'm working on. Unfortunately, good intentions don't make my ADD any better - I still can't work on just one project at a time, but this is the system that works best for me.

Keeping my fingers crossed and on the keyboard ...


... to be continued ...

3 comments:

glnroz said...

good morning, Very Nice web site. I agree that your signal is green. I read some of your other "shorts". I happened upon your site through the "one minute writer" site. Although I am not a writer, I like to write. I responded to the "assignments" for Breakfast and Trust. I have posted one on my first attempts at Blogging at www.glnroz33.blogspot.com . You are invited to visist and comment it you like

glnroz said...

thanks for stopping by.. visit any time.. thanks ,, glenn

Bella Rum said...

Good luck! I can't imagine working on several books at once, but it's always good to know what works for you and go with it.