Monday, September 8, 2008

Totally Optional Prompt: Conversations

The Totally Optional Prompt for this week: Conversations
Write a poem in the form of a conversation among at least two speakers. They can be people real or imagined, animals, plants, inanimate objects, or anything else you can think of. You could use direct or reported speech.

RUMORS

"Did you hear what she said?"
"I can't believe the total gall!"
"You'd think she would try to stall..."
"No, I think it's gone to her head."

"But why would she say such a thing?"
"I just don't understand."
"Maybe she just wants us all to see her hand?"
"I guess it could be, cause look at that bling!"

"I don't care how pretty she thinks she is..."
"Do you think we're jealous?"
"Nah, I don't feel any malious."
"I just thought she'd always be a Miss."

"This doesn't change my feelings."
"Nor does it change mine."
"If she wants to marry him, then fine."
"You know it'll change with every single telling."

"Just keep her away from me."
"And from me as well.."
"But what if she wants to tell?"
"Well, she'd better leave it be!"

"I don't think I'm going!"
"But why, it might be fun."
"No, his life will just be done!"
"I guess, the winds are blowing."

"Okay, so what should I wear?"
"Well, nothing that looks like a tarp."
"You know we must look sharp."
"Maybe I'll wear flowers in my hair."

"Hey, did you hear what happened?"
"They say she ran away!"
"I guess we had some sway,"
"So now this tale is ended."

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

That's a fascinating exercise! I liked your poem! I'll have to think about that one! Thanks for "prompting" me! (Beautiful graphic, too!)

paisley said...

that was totally fun.. i am such a gossip whore.. i never pass it on,, but that has never stopped me from loving the opportunity to hear it!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was real good. I loved the conversation!

rains and mud, shouldn't there be frogs too?

Anonymous said...

was at a gathering on sunday... outdoors beautiful day... people chatting... i could totally see this conversation being spoken...

Anonymous said...

Cool! I like the line; nothing that looks like a tarp.. and the way you make 'em rhyme...

Tumblewords: said...

This must be real! Love it!

Stan Ski said...

We say the funniest things, just in idle chat, or gossip.