Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One-Minute Writer - Servants

Today's One-Minute Writing Prompt: Servants

If you had servants available to tend to your every need, what tasks would you still insist on doing yourself?

Ah, I don't really need a "servant", because I wouldn't want someone doing "everything" for me. I am totally capable of bathing and grooming myself, driving to and from work, and paying my bills. But I would like to have a housekeeper and organizer. I don't enjoy cleaning or washing dishes, so these are areas I lack when it comes to domestic skills.

However, I would not want someone to clean my library - I have my books organized the way I want them and I am very protective of all my books. I would also not want anyone to organize my writing, because this is a very personal area for me.

The other area I don't won't someone to take care of is my yard and gardens, although I would appreciate some help taking care of the one-acre property. I have such grand visions for my gardens, but I lack the muscle power and energy to accomplish much at a time.

But who (or is it whom) am I kidding? I will never be able to afford any type of domestic help, so I'll keep muddling through the best way I know how.

2 comments:

Bella Rum said...

I would love to have a chef. I can't imagine what it would be like not to have to be concerned about preparing dinner.

Jeanie said...

They could do anything they liked! And if they could get rid of the cat hair without getting rid of the cat, I'd give them a raise!