Wednesday, April 29, 2009

One-Minute Writer - Better or Worse

Today's One-Minute Writing Prompt: Better or worse

Is life getting better or worse as you get older?



Interesting questions ... I guess I have a mixed answer for this question.

I think my life is better because I'm older and wiser - I may not know all the answers, but I'm better prepared for finding the answers than I was when I was younger. My children are grown and they are 3 beautiful, healthy girls. My relationship with my wonderful hubby is even better because we have more time for each other. And I have the prospect of grandchildren to look forward to. I am also retired from a job I hated (RN) and I'm now able to write more than ever - this has been a huge improvement for me.

On the other hand, some things in my life are worse. I'm not as fit and healthy as I was in my 20s - health issues seem to creep in every day. The society we live in is much worse over the past 20 years and this have impacted negatively on many aspects of life.

I can say that I love my life! I may not be as active as I once was, but I am now able to pursue my dreaming of writing and this makes me a happy camper.

1 comment:

Bella Rum said...

You're right about the health issues as we age, but I wouldn't want to go back either. I'd hate to have to learn what I know now over again!