Wednesday, March 4, 2009

One-Minute Writer - That

Today's One-Minute Writing Prompt: That

In the words of the singer Meatloaf, "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that." What is "that" to you?






I love Meatloaf and I love his recording of this song - written and composed by Jim Steinman.







I think "that" is purposely vague because I think the answer can change depending where you are in life. As a young adult, I probably would have done anything for my first love. As it is, I found myself conforming to his ideas of what I should be like. Ick - can we all say step-ford wife?

As I grew to middle age, I discovered a deeper, more meaningful love - not only for my husband, but for myself. I've learned I will not change my inner core to satisfy anyone but myself.

However, if my hubby were in a life-or-death situation, I'm sure nothing would be off the table. I'm furiously loyal and the love I feel for my hubby of 20 years only continues to grow through time.


.

No comments: