Monday, March 2, 2009

Musing Monday

Today's Musing Monday prompt:

When reading do you read every word? Do you ever skip chapters or skim over parts? (question curtesy of Wendy)

When I'm reading, unless it's a non-fiction book or a short story book, I rarely ever skip chapters. If it is not a book I am enjoying, I may skim over some parts to see if the book is getting better, or I might just abandon it all together.

I do occasionally get hung up on certain words, especially if it is a word I can't pronounce or a word I don't know. For that matter, I also have trouble with unusual names - for some reason my brain "trips" over these words like a speed bump.

1 comment:

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

I have the same problem with weird names. When I was reading Atonement the name Briony kept tripping me up.