Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday Reading

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about reading/blogging during the holidays:
How does your reading (or your blogging) fare in the holiday months? Do you read more or less? Do you have to actively make time to read?



My reading and my blogging both seem to suffer during the holiday season - there are just so many things you can fit into one day. I still carve out time to read on a daily basis, but the bulk of my holiday reading is during the weekends. I also continue to blog everyday, albeit the posts maybe short and sweet.

I also try to make time for my other writings during this time of year - poems, short stories, essays or other articles. I usually wake up an hour earlier (with the exception of this morning when I slept in) and try to do a little writing before work. I also write during my lunch hour, many times instead of eating. If I don't find time to write everyday, I feel like something is missing from my life, so writing is always near the top of my list.

1 comment:

Cynthia L. H. said...

You're amazing. So inspiring. Getting up an hour early to write? Okay...you're a REAL writer.
;^)
I have work to do...I have this conversation in my head frequently...telling me to set up my writing time like a real job. Every writing workshop that I've been to says that's the way to do it.
I am still so overwhelmed with reading and writing papers for college classes...it seems like that's all I do.
My blogging is my escape. I rest when I come here.
;^) I don't like to miss it, because then I miss my friends...not just reading and writing.
;^)