Monday, November 9, 2009

Bookshelves

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about your bookshelf…
Does your house have a communal bookshelf? If not, is your bookshelf centrally located so everyone has access to it?


I guess you could say our bookshelves are centrally located - we have one or more in each room of the house. Yes, that includes the bathroom! My hubby, daughter and I are all avid readers, so our home is full of books.

There are currently 4 bookcases in our living room - all crammed full of mostly my books. Young adult fiction is taking up the most room, but I also have a large number of books by Kentucky authors. The bookshelf in the kitchen is really inside a cabinet and it holds all my cookbooks. We each have our own separate bookcases in our bedrooms.

Of course, with so many books, we also have them spilling off the couch and tables, as well as several piles in different corners. In my opinion, you can never have too many books!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

oooooo - Bobbi, your house sounds very warm and welcoming to peace, with all of those books :)

Nise' said...

How wonderful...a house full of books.

caite said...

I was complaining about my piles of books...I see I just need more bookcases in every room. now to decide what furniture I move out to make that possible. hmmm....do I really need so many chairs...that table?