Monday, May 25, 2009

Musing Monday

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about gift certificates ...

Do you give gift certificates to book stores as presents? If so, do you give for actual stores or online stores? Do you like to receive them yourself?


With the exception of my youngest daughter, I don't usually give gift certificates to book stores, because most of my family and friends aren't very big readers. I really don't even give my daughter many gift certificates, because she enjoys shopping in discount or used book stores.

But I do love to receive gift certificates for myself - especially from Amazon and Barnes & Nobel so I can order over the Internet. I'm looking forward to having grandchildren and I hope I can pass on the love of books to them. Maybe my grandchildren will love getting book gift certificates.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Yes, if it fits the recipient. On occasion, I'll buy the book itself because I'd rather wrap that one up, but I always get the return certificate and stress that if they'd like to swap it out, it's fine by me. So, those are local (where they CAN swap). On occasion, online cards for those far away who love to read!

Liz Brooks said...

I love gift certificates in general. To be honest actually-I prefer to get my books from the library however. There are few books that I would like to own and re-read enough times to warrant a purchase.
I was shocked recently when a friend of mine told me she hated getting gift certificates. She said they were a cop out and no one should ever give them.
I couldn't believe it! I love getting gift certificates-then you can get exactly what you would want! What would ever be wrong with that?