Sunday, July 18, 2010

Waiting

(Photo copyright Coach Creative Space)


WAITING

Beep, beep, beep -
it's the overriding noise that is always there over everything else. The Emergency Room at the UK Medical Center is certainly not the place I've heard horror stories about - definitely not as bad as I was dreading.

Beep, beep, beep -
keeping rhythm with my pounding heart. I'm burning up - hot flash city - power surge of hormonal proportions. I can't seem to keep my mouth moist enough.

Beep, beep, beep -
Mom is lethargic - barely moving a muscle. Labs have been drawn and an IV started - all with skillful sticks. EKG looks slightly abnormal, but then again, I've never been good at reading the EKG leads.

Beep, beep, beep -
there is nothing for me to do but wait and pray. Nothing to do by watch and wipe a fevered brow. Nothing but reading favorite scripts from her worn Bible. Noting to stop the inevitable from happening. Helpless, afraid and lonely - God please watch over us all.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Bobbi, this post breaks my heart. You have such a gift with words to move a person's soul.