Friday, July 30, 2010

Old Fort Playground

Our camera computer has been in the shop, so I don't have an actual picture of the destruction at the Fort Harrod Playground, but I will post them as soon as I can. Maybe this is going to be a good thing - many things have to get worse before they get better.


Old Fort Playground

Bare, scraped clear of anything green,
leaving behind only yards and yards of
damp rain soaked dirt.
Trees have been trimmed,
branches laying helter-skelter across the road and dirt.
What has happened to one of my favorite lunch time spots?
Are improvements in store,
or is the land being raped for other reasons?
It makes me sad to see the death and destruction
of God's natural gifts,
but I will learn patience as I watch and see
what will become of this once peaceful place.

No comments: