Monday, April 12, 2010

A Place in my Heart

This weekend I spent some quality time with my "soon to be" granddaughter. No, not the Tadpole who hasn't been born yet, my other new granddaughter.

As many of you know, my middle daughter, Marie, is expecting her first baby in June. She and her fiance` are not in a hurry to get married (which is okay by me), mainly because my daughter has hit the "miserable" stage in her pregnancy.

What I haven't mentioned before, is my future son-in-law also has a 2 year old daughter from a previous relationship. I had seen pictures of her and knew a lot about her, but I had never actually met her until just recently ...

... and now that I have met her - I've fallen in love with her!

Delilah Rose is an adorable child with a head full of golden curls and big golden eyes. Her eyes aren't a deep brown, but they are almost the color of honey. And smart - this child is so smart!

Because we didn't get to see her on Easter weekend (she comes to Harrodsburg from Louisville every other weekend), we took her Easter basket to her on Saturday and had the best time playing with her.

But the most special time was reading her a book before her nap. She curled up in my lap and listened to every word I read from a "Winnie the Pooh and Tigger" book. When her eyes got heavy, I carried her to bed and finished reading the book until she was asleep. It has been a long time since I've been able to read a child to sleep and my heart just melted.

So, even though Delilah is not my actual flesh and blood granddaughter, I am going to love her as much as all the others - she has found a special place in my heart. She'll make a great big sister for my Tadpole, Devon Mikayla, when she's born.


Delilah Rose with silky curls
and eyes of golden brown,
loves to dance and play;
she always has a smile,
it lights up her little face
and captures all our hearts

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Oh, Bobbi -- she is so adorable! I can see why you fell in love with her -- and how wonderful to have a sister role to play!